Several updates and opportunities for you:
We are excited to offer so many great presentations and learning opportunities this year! Attached you will find the agenda and flyer so you can begin to plan and prepare. Please don't forget to purchase a lunch (directions on flyer) and contact a carpool coordinator if you are interested in these options (information below). Detailed panel descriptions will follow soon. We look forward to seeing you in two weeks!
The following people have graciously offered to vanpool with you to the site. If you are interested in catching a ride, please contact them directly by Friday, October 24:
- Susan Harper can take up to 12 people from the Seattle area: email@example.com
- Shauna Hansen can take up to 9 people from the Tacoma area: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stef Frenzl can take up to 12 people from the Everett area: email@example.com
- Doug Stark can take up to 6 people from the Bellingham area: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Challis Stringer can take up to 5 people from the Mukilteo area: email@example.com
STORM Coordinator Proposal and Survey
As you know, STORM is seeking funding from Ecology to hire a part-time coordinator (0.5 FTE). This coordinator would maintain and improve STORM regional coordination, communication and support permittees in addition to funding the creation and maintenance of an online library of outreach materials. An email has been sent to all permit coordinator leads for dissemination to the coordinators along with a survey link and benefits handout (attached) so they can review all the information and provide a response.
Please help STORM by doing the following:
- If you are the representative for your stormwater capacity funds, please read the proposal information and complete the survey for your jurisdiction by Friday, November 14
- If you are not the representative for your stormwater capacity funds, please review the proposal information and encourage your representative to complete the survey by Friday, November 14
- If you or your representative have any questions, please contact Stef Frenzl, STORM Core representative for Snohomish County, at: 425.388.6446 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SPARKS Social Marketing Conference
Please join us Monday, December 15 for the annual SPARKS Conference. This year the conference will focus on how to connect innovations in behavior change with measurable results- and moving behavior change from theory towards effective implementation. To register, visit http://www.eventbrite.com/e/sparks-2014-tickets-13358933931. To learn more about the Pacific Northwest Social Marketing Association (PNSMA), please visit http://pnsma.org/
- The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife is recruiting a research scientist for a two year appointment to develop a life cycle model for Puget Sound steelhead recovery planning. For further application details, please visit www.careers.wa.gov<http://www.careers.wa.gov> (this is position #09730-14).
- The Department of Ecology is seeking an experienced communications strategist and media relations professional to join our communications team. For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/EcyCommManager
- King County Solid Waste Division is hiring a Communications Program Manager to manage and deliver a comprehensive communications program for the Local Hazardous Waste Management Program (LHWMP) in King County. For more information, please visit http://www.kingcounty.gov/jobs/employment-opportunities.aspx
STORM Core Team