Here are some quick updates and info for you to use:
ECO Net Summit
A reminder that registration is open for the ECO Net Summit through Sunday, August 24th. The summit will be held in Seabeck, WA, on the shores of Hood Canal, from October 6 -8. The schedule is jam-packed with presentations, breakout sessions and workshops that will focus on collective impact, reaching new audiences, K-12 standards, communications, and audience research conducted by your fellow ECO Net members in their social marketing projects.
The theme for the summit is “Winning as a Team: Collaborating for Puget Sound.” AND, there will be a "Bring It! Topics that Can't Wait" session where YOU decide the content. We've even opened up a pre-summit forum to start collecting your ideas. All the details you need, including registration information, can be found here: http://www.psp.wa.gov/econet-summit.php. Descriptions of all of the sessions are here: http://www.psp.wa.gov/econet-summit-keynotes.php. Hope to see you there!
Don’t Drip and Drive Update
The Don’t Drip and Drive campaign is underway! Please continue to promote the campaign locally:
- Lots of sample outreach materials can be found on the toolkit page: www.piercecountywa.org/dontdripanddrive. Got questions about materials? Contact Tiffany Odell (email@example.com).
- Our campaign goal for 2014 is to interact with 16,500 vehicle owners in the Puget Sound region – your local efforts will help us meet this goal! Tracking participation in the campaign is one of our grant deliverables. Please fill out the attached form about your local promotions for the campaign and return it to Tiffany Odell (firstname.lastname@example.org) by mid-October.
- Don’t forget – your participation in the Don’t Drip and Drive program can be used to fulfill some of the outreach requirements of your Phase I or Phase II NPDES permit.
Best Management Practice (BMP) Prioritization Process
This is a quick reminder regarding STORM's BMP Prioritization Process. We are seeking professional expert opinions to rank residential stormwater BMP's from a technical/environmental science perspective. We will then further filter these BMP's using social science/outreach research and perspective. Attached you will find a letter of explanation and the survey for you to distribute to environmental science and technical experts dealing with stormwater/water quality. Please follow these steps to assist in this effort:
1) Complete the survey and/or have other qualified staff take the survey (should take 10-15 minutes). Other qualified staff may be; IDDE Coordinators, Surface Water (SW) Monitoring Specialists, SW Engineers, Modelers/Researchers, Maintenance and Operations Specialists, SW Policy Planners, NPDES Coordinators, etc.
2) Please return all completed surveys to Peter Holte (email@example.com) by August 21, 2014
Pierce County is hiring Water Quality Specialist II and III: http://online.co.pierce.wa.us/cfapps/jobs/ExpandedJobList.cfm#a5290
The Northwest Straits Foundation is seeking an Executive Director: http://www.nwstraits.org/uploads/images/Foundation/EDJobPosting2014NWSF.pdf
STORM Core Team