Stormwater LID/GSI Terms & Messaging Research
Stormwater LID Terminology Research Report - Stormwater terminology research, conducted on behalf of work group by WEC intern.
- SUDS, LID, BMPs, WSUD and More - The Evolution and Application of Terminology Surrounding Urban Drainage (Urban Water Journal) - This paper documents the history, scope, application and underlying principles of terms used in urban drainage and provides recommendations for clear communication of these principles.
- The Lay of the Land:King County's Stormwater Infrastructure (Futurewise) - Insights into the lay of the land of LID/GSI and related issues in King County
- How to talk about polluted stormwater (Sightline Institute) - Memo on stormwater messaging and talking points
- Use plain English and drop the shoptalk (STORM) - List of commonly used stormwater-related terms and suggested alternatives, heavily borrowed from Water Words that Work
- Stormwater glossary of terms and abbreviations (King County)
- Glossary of stormwater & LID terminology (King County) - Working document, with listed references
- Keeping Polluted Waters Out of Puget Sound (Action Media) - Voter attitudes toward runoff management (8 focus groups in Puget Sound region)
- How to communicate successfully regarding nature-based solutions: Key lessons from research with American voters and elites (TNC) - National-level research - focus groups and interviews with voters and “thought leaders” regarding terminology and messaging on how to best communicate about issue.
- 2009 customer satisfaction survey (City of Tacoma) - Survey includes questions regarding familiarity with a variety of stormwater management practices
- 2015 customer satisfaction survey (City of Tacoma) - Survey includes questions regarding familiarity with a variety of stormwater management practices
- Broadview &Pinehurst Green Grid Customer Satisfaction Survey (City of Seattle)